Weekend Getaways from Bangalore during Monsoons
In this fast paced life of always trying to outdo one another, it sometimes helps to just take a break and sit back and relax. The best way to do is to go for a weekend getaway with people who make you happy. It can be friends, family or even just you. Go out there and take one of those monsoon trips to rejuvenate your mind and body.
There are a number of places to visit in India, but if you are looking to discover the gems in the Southern part of India, then Bangalore should be your hub. This is because there are a number of places that you can access from the city either by road or rail. Keeping this in mind, this list talks about the best weekend getaways from Bangalore that should be a part of your itinerary the next time you are looking for an outing.
- Chikmaglur – located on the side of the Western Ghats, this treasure trove of Karnataka is a must visit during the monsoons. Home to hillsides, dense forests, waterfalls, flowing streams and numerous coffee plantations, this beauty is known for its pristine weather and lush greenery. It is also a trekking paradise for everyone who loves a bit of adventure during their holidays. One of the best nature places near Bangalore, this hill town also has a national park and a wildlife sanctuary making it ideal for a family getaway.
- Masinagudi – for anyone who loves the wildlife and wants to indulge in some animal spotting, then this is the place to go to. Masinagudi is known to have the highest number of tigers in India and have their own Madhumalai Tiger Reserve. Apart from that it is laden with jungles and varieties of rich flora and fauna making it ideal for all the wildlife and nature lovers. If trekking is not for you, then you can even go on an elephant-back ride safari. It is thrilling and makes for a unique experience. The kids are sure to love holidaying here!
- Wayanad – located at a distance of about 280kms from Bangalore, Wayanad is a bio-diverse region with abundance of sprawling plantations and picturesque hill stations. There are different terrains for people who love trekking and even one for beginners. Apart from that it has lakes and lush greenery making it a perfect place for both nature and adventure lovers. There are a few coffee estates as well that one can explore when in the area.
- Ooty – also located at about 280kms from the city of Bangalore, this green glory of the South is a sight to behold. Its various valleys, undulating hilltops and rich flora and fauna making it an undeniable treat to the eyes. Around the area you will spot people indulging in farming and rural lifestock just lazing around. The fact that the locals are extremely warm and welcoming just adds to the entire experience. It is easily accessible by both road and rail and must be visited by all the nature lovers looking for a weekend getaway.
- Munnar – one of the most famous hill stations in the southern part of India, this stunning place is at a height of 1600mt. It is also one of the largest tea growing regions of South India because of which there are a number of tea estates in the area. Indulge in a walk around the plantations and get yourself a cup of tea made from fresh tea leaves plucked from the estate. Apart from that one can also discover rolling hills, verdant forests, innumerable streams, valleys and luscious waterfalls. There is also the Eravikulam National Park which is houses the endangered Nilgiri Thar. The Thattekady Bird Sanctuary is also a great place to take the kids. All in all, it has something for everyone and is a definite must visit with the family and kids.
The best part of choosing one of these places as weekend getaways from Bangalore is that there are a number of resorts near Bangalore for family like Discovery Village where you can set up your base and explore all the nearby places at ease.