This delicious cocktail combines the best of summer by infusing wine, summer fruits and soda water. Not only is it one of the most refreshing ways to cool off during the warm summer months, this festive wine “punch” is simple to make and is sure to light up any holiday party.
Traditionally made from red wines, recipes have evolved to include white, Riesling and rosé wines as well. Try these cooling and invigorating recipes for your next summer barbecue or party.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh currants (optional)
- Distilled water
- Two 750-ml bottles rosé
- 8 ounces light rum
- 8 ounces simple syrup (see Note)
- 4 ounces Campari
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes (optional)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Layer the berries in a Bundt pan. Gradually add just enough distilled water to cover. Freeze until solid, 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large punch bowl, stir the wine with the rum, simple syrup, Campari and lemon juice. Refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with very hot water. Dip the bottom of the Bundt pan in the water to loosen the ice ring and invert it onto a plate. Add the ice ring to the sangria. Serve in wineglasses, with or without ice.
The mixed-berry ice ring can be frozen for up to 3 days. The sangria can be refrigerated overnight.
To make 8 ounces of simple syrup, combine 3/4 cup each of water and sugar in a saucepan. Boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let cool before using.
Prep Cook Ready In
In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar.
Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy Sangria, add club soda just before serving.